Tuesday 4 December 2007

Letting the iPod take the strain

Rather use the train journey to London to catch up on library reading and carrying a pile of papers with me, I used the journey to catch up on my podcast listening. I subscribed to the JISC podcasts several months ago, but have about 10 (and all the annual review interviews) to catch up on, plus some new library and web 2.0 programmes I found on iTunes.

Listening to podcasts for work, via my iPod (rather than just entertainment) represents an interesting blurring of the lines between work and leisure. Although I could download the work related podcasts onto my work computer, I suspect I wouldn’t find a good time just to sit and listen to them at work. So does this mean I will be listening to the work-related podcasts while walking or travelling outside work instead of the Archers or Cast On or Mark Kermode’s film reviews? Probably not, but I need to make sure I fit them in somehow - podcast coffee breaks, maybe?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find the work to and from work ideal for such listening, and agree - sitting in the office listening to them just doesn't work as well.